When Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at the Disneyland® Resort in just a few days, you will be invited to step into the Star Wars universe for the very first time and live your own Star Wars adventures. To help you plan ahead and prepare for your visit, here are some things you need to “know before you go” to this epic, new land, opening May 31, 2019.
1. Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. If you are visiting during this time, valid theme park admission and a reservation are needed to enter the new land at Disneyland Park. If you have a reservation, you may check in at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland up to 2 hours prior to your reservation start time, and go to the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge entrance as directed when your reservation begins. When you check in, you need to bring your reservation confirmation (including QR code), government-issued ID and all members of your party listed on the reservation. At this time, general reservations are no longer available on Disneyland.com.
2. You can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered Guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel Guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. If the hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will be cancelled. Reach out to Sarah at Mousing Around Travel for a quote today.
3. No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only Guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.
4. If you plan on visiting opening day, May 31, there is no need if you have Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservations to arrive early because of the reservation system Disney has in place. You can begin to check in two hours prior to your reservation start time. You may begin parking at select theme park parking lots at midnight.
5. Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so you can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once you have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is your turn to enter the land and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
6. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will not be part of VIP tours during the reservation time period from May 31 to June 23, 2019. Beginning June 24, 2019, VIP tours will include a visit to Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
7. The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
8. You can download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app** allows you to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
9. Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows you to deepen your engagement with the land and interact with the world around you on the planet Batuu. Should you choose to engage through the app, you will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
10. Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s goal is to provide a great Guest experience. For example, while you are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, you will have the ability to purchase snacks, utilize a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.
To get a quote for your magical vacation, please visit Mousing Around Travel Sarah Ennis
My favorite thing to do is plan Disney vacations and it has been a dream of mine to help others plan their own magical experiences. As they say in Disney, “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow,” and I want to help you see it all!
Join our Facebook Group Talk Disney To Us to talk about our favorite magical place, DISNEY!
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!