Last night, Ricky Strauss, president, Content & Marketing for Disney+, joined Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts and announced One Day at Disney – an incredible collaboration between Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney’s highly anticipated new streaming service. A colorful 224-page coffee table book and a unique documentary series, One Day at Disney will shine a light on some of the talented men and women bringing Disney’s most beloved stories to life. You can expect both the book and series to drop on December 3rd of this year.
GMA host, former ESPN sportscaster, and soon-to-be-inducted Disney Legend Robin Roberts said, “We all argue who has the best job in the company; we all do. We all feel that we have the best job! And to be able to be a part of this project, and to really get a sense of, globally, what we’re able to do or what our hope is… All of us – it doesn’t matter where we are in the company – we just want to touch people’s hearts. We just want to share and bring out the creativity that they have within themselves. It was a lot of fun.”
Strauss told that crowd that on February 21 of this year, nearly 80 different photo shoots took place all around the globe, as Disney dispatched photographers to capture images of employees and cast members who drive creativity and innovation at The Walt Disney Company. The photos from this shoot will be featured in the hardbound, collectible book, written by Bruce Steele. The book is now available for pre-order.
The trailer for One Day at Disney was released last night.
This series that will debut on Disney+ and will be 52-episodes. It will take an in-depth look at the extraordinary roles these men and women call their daily jobs. A few of the individuals that will be highlighted are:
- Walt Disney Imagineer Eric Baker, who helped bring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to life
- WDI’s Ashley Girdich, a Research and Development Project Manager in the world of robotics technology
- Legendary animator Eric Goldberg (Aladdin, Pocahontas, the Academy Award – nominated Get a Horse!)
- Disneyland Railroad cast member Mark Gonzales
- Disney Publishing Worldwide’s senior illustration manager Grace Lee
- South African actor Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela, currently portraying Rafiki in the Madrid production of Disney on Broadway’s The Lion King
- Marvel Studios’ head of visual development Ryan Meinerding (Avengers: Endgame, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Walt Disney World resort veterinarian Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko
- Pixar artist and sculptor Jerome Ranft
These shorts will range in length between 4 to 7 minutes and each profiling a single remarkable person and his or her fascinating job. A new one will debut each week.
Latest up to date information credited to D23 Expo.
My favorite thing to do is plan Disney vacations and it has been a dream of mine to help others plan their own magical experiences. As they say in Disney, “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow,” and I want to help you see it all!
Join our Facebook Group Talk Disney To Us to talk about our favorite magical place, DISNEY!
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!