We all know that a Walt Disney World can be expensive, so lets talk about amazing fun ways you can save a few dollars during your next Disney getaway! Be sure to take advantage of these fun and free things so that you can get a little more bang for your buck during your fantastic Disney Vacation!
10. Camp Fire Sing-a-Longs: Guests at any WDW resort can participate in this fun tradition. Nightly at Ft. Wilderness Campground you can roast marshmallows, sing songs and share hugs with Chip ‘n’ Dale! You have the option to bring your own marshmallows and sticks, or purchase a s’mores kit from the Chuckwagon Snack Bar. After you enjoy your delicious treats, sing along to old-time favorites led by a guitar-playing cowboy, as Chip ‘n Dale visit for photos, autographs, smiles and fun.
9. Autographs: One of the most amazing souvenirs and interactions come with getting character autographs. These are a totally free, and priceless souvineer because you also get to take away the memories of meeting your favorite Disney Icon. There are so many fun creative ways of saving this autographs, but if you are not a crafty person, simply bring a plain white t-shirt, or even photo border mat, and you have just created a way to save those memories forever. Anytime you see a character, ask them for an autograph, its super fun to interact with them, and a great memory to add to your experiences.
8. Pixie Dust: This is so much fun for little girls and boys and is totally FREE! Walk into any Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and ask for some pixie dust, they will sprinkle some of the magical pixie dust into your princesses and princes hair. Just a little magic without all the cost.
7. Movies Under the Stars: Most Walt Disney World resorts have movie under the stars nights, where you and the family can relax outside and watch a fun Disney movie. This is a great fun free way to have some downtime at your resort. Bonus: They also do this at Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii, and Disneyland Resorts.
6. WiFi: WiFi is free throughout Disney property, no log-in needed and any guest can connect to it. I have found that the connection is not always amazing, but it does work, especially in ride-queues where there is limited to no cell signal.
5. The Water: Why pay for expensive $4.00 bottles of water when you can walk up to any quick service location and get water for free. Nothing is better then an ice cold cup of ice water on a hot day, and it is even better when I did not pay $4.00 for it.
4. Celebration Buttons: No matter what you are celebrating you can get fun buttons to wear around the parks. These buttons are not only free, but you will find when you wear them that cast members and even other guests will congratulate you or wish you Happy Birthday based on your button. It really helps add some extra magic to your time at Disney. To get one or a few of these free buttons, go to any guest service location or your Disney Resort Concierge.
3. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Trading Cards: These can be picked up at the Fire House in Magic Kingdom, they provide hours of fun free entertainment while you play this interactive game throughout the park.
2. Soda from around the world at Club Cool in Epcot: Always a fun free thing to do is to stop into Club Cool in Epcot, and drink as many sodas mini cups as you want from around the world. If you have never tried it, make sure you try the Beverly, you can thank me later!!!
1. First Aid: I know this may not seem important, but I cannot count how many times I have stopped into this place and they made my day so much better, long days at the parks can be brutal on your body. Sporting a Blister, sunburn, headache from dehydration, or even chafing from walking? Disney has you covered. You can walk into any first aide station and they will provide needed items for these small concerns. I have often walked in several times needing a band-aid or Tylenol and been given them with no problems. How about motion sickness? They even have something to help you with that problem, which makes riding the crazy rides much easier on me…haha.
Did we leave anything out? What is your favorite free thing at Disney?
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the Author:
I am just another Disney lover. I am in the parks often and love sharing about all of my experience and tips and tricks. I figure if I am at Disney, then I am off the couch and outside enjoying life. Hope you enjoy my blog! -Shanna
Pictures courtesy of Disney and The Pixie Dust Life