If you follow any blogs or Disney groups you will find some VAST differences in people who believe Disney is safe, and people who believe that if you travel to Disney you will be sent to the depths of hell for choosing to travel during the pandemic (and yes the comments you find are that blatant)
Myself, and my family, have chosen to visit Disney World multiple times during the pandemic, thankfully we have not gotten sick, and in fact we feel very safe while we are there. I would say we even feel safer than visiting our local grocery store but WHY?
8. Disney requires the wearing of face masks. This is a rule Disney is EXTREMELY strict on. In fact, they have signs all over the property explaining that if you cannot properly wear your face mask you will be asked to leave. There are no exceptions to this rule, and there are cast members ALL over the property that are solely there to watch for rule breakers and remind people to follow the rules. They can and will ask people to leave, I have seen this with my own eyes.
7. Hand sanitizer is everywhere. This is so awesome! As you step into the queue, and as you leave the ride, you will pass hand sanitizer. More importantly, people are using it! This means no matter where you go, chances are people have sanitized many times.
6. Social Distancing. I am one of those people that hope social distancing never goes away, or that they at least keep some forms of it. There is nothing worse then being in the parks on a hot summer day and having someone cram next to you with a hot sweaty body, and there is no where to go, and you start feeling seriously crowded in. Well, this does not happen now, now you can have your space, and breathe!
5. Limited Capacity. Right now the parks are at limited capacity. Yes they still feel busy, because everyone is more spread out, but the fact is, it is less people than normal, and you can definitely feel it.
4. Disney can bring you into a moment like no other. We have been living in a world of fear and pandemic talk. It’s time to enter a magical place and take a break from reality. The themed elements of the parks are so detailed, you can go from feeling like you are gliding on flying sail boat to Never-land, to entering a Haunted Mansion with just a few steps. Each element of the different rides and lands bring you into their world, making you feel like you are a part of that world.
3. The random character cavalcades. This is probably my absolute favorite change. EVERY SINGLE PARK has random character mini parades throughout the day. They just appear randomly throughout the park, all day long, and they are so much fun. No more waiting around for hours for a long parade, now you can find magic throughout the day, right around any corner, and because there are less people waiting, you will find the characters have a chance to look out for individuals, and wave and interact more, it is so magical!
2. It Brings me back to my Childhood. I have such happy thoughts of my family bringing me to Disney when I was younger, when I go back, I am instantly transported back to those moments with a smell or ride. I hope my own child has those same memories as he grows older. Wearing masks, changes nothing, I still feel that wonderful nostalgic feel of magic and love every time I walk through the gates.
1. Disney magic still exists. It does not matter if you are tall or short, fluffy or skinny, maybe you have special needs, or feel like you don’t fit in. You can be black or white, purple or green, or any other color in the book. At Disney it does not matter who you love or even what your political affiliation is. EVERYONE is accepted and loved. This is something the world is missing these days, the ability to love everyone, no matter who you are. Disney is simply just a happy place where you can enjoy time with the ones you love. At Disney, your insecurities fade and you are transported into a world of possibilities. It is the most amazing thing to watch and be a part of!
Join our Facebook Group Talk Disney To Us to talk about our favorite magical place, DISNEY!
Get your personalized Disney Quote today with Mousing Around Travel
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!
PC: Walt Disney World Resort and The Pixie Dust Life