Do you have some crazy thrill seekers in your family? Well, unfortunately, Disney is not known for it’s abundance of thrill rides. That being said, there are some amazing rides that will get your blood flowing, and get you hollering for more!
5. Splash Mountain: Located in Magic Kingdom, this ride is a river ride. As you float along the river you encounter drops and awesome scenery. If it were not for the final HUGE drop towards the end, this ride probably would not have made the list. That last big drop is such a thrill, I could not leave it off.
4. Rock N Roller Coaster: Located at Hollywood Studios, this roller coaster shoots you from 0 to 57 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds. The thrill is immediate! Top that off with numerous twists and turns in the dark, and this coaster definitely earns a spot on our top thrill rides list.
3. Space Mountain: Located in Magic Kingdom, this roller coaster is a classic, it zips you through complete darkness with many turns and small drops. The thrill of this ride is the unknown, you never know which way you are going, or where the drops are. One of my all time favorites.
2. Tower of Terror: located in Hollywood Studios, this ride makes the list because of it’s dark and unexpected drops. To make it even better, the drops change from ride-to-ride. This means you cannot anticipate when the drops will happen each time you ride. AHHH, it is so exciting!!!
1. Expedition Everest: located in Animal Kingdom tops the list. This ride has the biggest drop of all the Walt Disney World rides, in addition to the huge drop you experience, you also get shot backwards into the darkness with some crazy twists and turns. If you get motion sickness, this one might push you over the edge, it does for me! My tip for those that get motion sickness: take some Dramamine before you ride, it makes a world of difference in your enjoyment levels.
Honorable Mention: Test Track: Located in Epcot, this is one gets honorable mention because of its speed. At the end of the ride you are whipped around the corner and reaches speeds of up to 65 miles per hour, giving this ride the honor of fastest ride at Walt Disney World.
Which thrill ride is your favorite?
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!