Update 5/29 8:45 AM EST: Added new information on Dining Plans and FastPasses Below:
So with yesterday’s announcement of the Walt Disney World Reeopening, that left us with a lot of information to process. We wanted to get it down for you in one simple place.
Here is what we know:
REOPENING TARGET DATES (which have been approved):
Walt Disney World’s plan calls for a phased reopening of their theme parks with target dates of:
- Saturday, July 11, 2020 – Disney’s Magic Kingdom + Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Epcot + Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Significant limits will be established for overall attendance throughout Walt Disney World. Guests will be required to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance using a Theme Park Reservation System (more information to come on this system). We do not yet know who will be allowed to register, if it will only be resort guests, how Annual Passholders fit in, or any other details as of yet.
We understand this is the biggest question mark at this point, we will update here on The Pixie Dust Life as we have news on this pending important point.
The parks will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:
- Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time.
- New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time.
Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.
Additionally, attractions, experiences (such as shows, parades and fireworks), services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds.
DINING PLANS AND FASTPASSES:
Dining: Walt Disney World has announced ALL dining plans will be removed from existing reservations, and new dining plans will not be allowed until further notice. Currently, you cannot make dining reservations, and existing reservations will be removed from your My Disney Experience. At a later date, they will open dining reservations again, with a 60 day window to reserve. Keep in mind this is an ever evolving situation, and as this changes we will update here.
FastPasses: At this point all existing FastPasses will be removed from guest accounts, and the ability to make future FastPasses is off. We do not know how long this will last, or if even same day FastPasses will be made available. As we have more information, it will be posted here.
This morning Walt Disney World posted park hours for the days following reopening. After we had a look at these hours, we can see they will be significantly reduced from “normal” operating hours for summertime. See below examples:
HEATH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Face Coverings will be required for both Guests (ages 2 and over) and Cast Members. Temperature Screenings will be required for Guests and Cast Members upon entering the park via contactless system. Hand washing & sanitizing stations will be present throughout the parks. Physical barriers where appropriate, such as plexiglass at points of sale in retails and food & beverage locations will be added for guest/cast member protection.
- Physical Distancing: Reduction in theme park capacity that enables appropriate physical distancing in the theme parks, restaurants, retail locations, attractions, buses, monorails and other modes of transportation. Parades, fireworks, shows, and character meet and greets will be temporarily suspended.
- Enhanced Cleaning / Sanitation: Heightened protocols in the theme parks and backstage for Cast Members will be implemented, especially in high touch locations.
The question really is, will a trip to Walt Disney World still be magical with all these new changes? In our humble opinion we say absolutely YES, and here is why.
- We all know Disney doesn’t do anything half way, they will go above and beyond to make this experience special. Just think, there will be twice the cast members covering half the guests, magic will be alive and well.
- Less Crowds: Need I say more, there is nothing more appealing than an empty park. Less waits for rides, and less people to interrupt my magical vacation. Sounds perfect to me.
- Characters still present: Characters will still be in the parks to make magic and entertain guests, they may not be giving hugs, but they will still be there to help create a magical experience.
- Disney Cares: Disney will do anything and everything to keep you safe, while still enjoying the magic. Their complete concern about understanding and delaying opening to ensure readiness just further proves that and we cannot wait to get back in the magic.
We want to hear from you! Will you be heading back this summer? or are you going to wait it out? Let us know in comments.
Join our Facebook Group Talk Disney To Us to talk about our favorite magical place, DISNEY!
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!
PC: Disney Photo Snapper