- The fan-favorite “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure Park gets even more super this June with the addition of a new float inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.” The epic Parr family and their pal Frozone make their first appearance in this electrifying parade, bringing all of the fun and excitement of “The Incredibles” to life with high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century modern style of the films.
- Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone showcase their super skills as they take on their latest threat, The Underminer. Mr. and Mrs. Incredibles’ teen daughter Violet, along with their sons Dash and Jack-Jack, also showcase their unique powers in surprising new ways, as shown through dynamic and innovative visual technology. Like other elements in this spectacular parade, the new float comes to life through a series of dazzling LED lights, new music elements and more.
- The Incredibles float joined “Paint the Night” on June 23, just in time to celebrate the opening of the new film, “Incredibles 2,” in theaters June 15, and the opening of the newly reimagined land of Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure on which happened on June 23.
- “Paint the Night” recently returned to the Disneyland Resort for Pixar Fest, the limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond, running now through Sept. 3, 2018. “Paint the Night” parade is currently making its way through Disney California Adventure Park with more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
- The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
- Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It comes to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
- Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits were installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
- The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits are being worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
- The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
- The Incredibles float is 11 feet wide, 18 feet tall, and 30 feet long.
Bonus: Guests need to keep an eye out for Jack-Jack, as he uses several of his super powers to pop in and out of four different places on the float.
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!