The holidays are one of the most enchanting times of the year to visit the Disneyland Resort and stay at one of three on-property hotels! Here are 10 merry and bright ways you can immerse yourself in the magic of the season:
1. Festive Decor: The Craftsman-inspired design at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spaextends to the towering tree lit with Arts and Crafts motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gives a wintry nod to “it’s a small world” Holiday in its lobby décor. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel has shells and starfish garland draped on an underwater themed tree for a beachy holiday setting.
2. Grand Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: In the lobby at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is a giant gingerbread replica of the hotel. Standing 7-feet tall and 12-feet wide, it is made from 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, 1 pound of “pixie dust” and 25 hidden Mickeys! Nearby, purchase sweet treats from the lobby holiday cart.
3. A Grand Gingerbread House Experience: At this hands-on workshop, you can work with the resort’s pastry chefs to make a miniature gingerbread house, wear a souvenir apron and enjoy hot cocoa and cookies. The class is open to the public and takes place at Storytellers Café on select dates Nov. 30 – Dec. 22, 2019. For workshop details, please call (714) 781-DINE.
4. Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures, Holiday Style: Share special moments with several Disney Princesses while enjoying a three-course brunch at Napa Rose. A dozen new Winter Holiday menu items include orange scones, a Tangled Ham and Cranberry Cheese Sandwich, Mini Chicken and Mickey Pumpkin Spice Waffles, Ariel’s Under the Sea Peppermint Shells and Frozen Gingerbread Cake Pops. The morning includes activities, story time, a private portrait location and premium keepsakes. The breakfast is offered year-round, 8 a.m. to Noon, Thursdays through Mondays. The Winter Holiday menu is offered Nov. 29, 2019 – Jan. 6, 2020.
5. A Very Merry Holiday Tea: Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel offers an elegant afternoon tea on select days from noon to 3 p.m., now through Dec. 31. Savor scones, tea sandwiches, desserts and more. Throughout the year, make plans to attend other themed afternoon tea events, including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, summer and Halloween. Reservations are recommended.
6. Santa Claus and Carolers: Santa is visiting each Disneyland Resort hotel Nov. 28 through Dec. 24. Meet, greet and take a seat with St. Nick! Then, enjoy the joyful sounds of the Holiday Harmony carolers strolling the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Dec.15-25, and The Handbell Carolers perform at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Nov. 23, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020.
7. In-Room Holiday Celebration: Families can deck the halls of their Disneyland Resort hotel room with a little magic from Mickey Mouse. The experience begins as guests discover a holiday banner on the hotel room door, then luminaries give a warm glow throughout the room, leading the family to discover a collection of gifts for all. To arrange this surprise, call Disney Floral & Gifts at (714) 781-4438 or visit www.disneyfloralandgifts.com for details.
8. Holiday Animation Cel Class: Experience what it might have been like to be a Disney Ink & Paint artist! Paint Santa Mickey or Minnie and learn about the history of the Disney hand-drawn animation cel process. This complimentary, one-hour class at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is for overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and is recommended for ages 6 and older. Supplies are provided; space is limited and registration is required.
9. Extra Magic Hour: With easy, convenient access to both parks, guests staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort can make the most of their visit with Extra Magic Hour admission with their valid theme park ticket. Extra Magic Hour offers park admission to a designated theme park one hour earlier than the general public. Separate theme park admission is required.
10. Seasons of Savings: Save up to 25% off select stays at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort most Sunday through Thursday nights now through December 19, 2019. Book now through December 5 by reaching out to Mousing Around Travel Or, give the gift of a spring getaway! Save up to 25% off select rooms at a Disneyland Resort Hotel for stays from January 5, 2020 to April 6, 2020, when booked by March 14, 2020. Visit Mousing Around Travel for even more ways to save on rooms!
Join our Facebook Group Talk Disney To Us to talk about our favorite magical place, DISNEY!
Get your personalized Disney Quote today with Mousing Around Travel.
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!