On my most recent Disney Cruise I decided it was time to throw caution to the wind and have a spa day. It was just my mom and I on the cruise, and I thought it would be a wonderful way to celebrate our mom/daughter vacation with a day at the Senses Spa & Salon. We had never done the spa before on Disney Cruise Line, so we were not sure what to expect, and it did not disappoint. If you are considering using the spa, I do highly recommend it, but there were a few things I was not prepared for, so hopefully these tips help you, if you decide to indulge yourself while on your magical boat.
5. Sticker Shock: I have listed the prices from my cruise. These prices seemed typical for a luxury salon, but do seem high for a typical massage. I can say, we knew the prices, and decided to take the plunge and were SO glad we did, it was such an amazing experience, and quite possibly the BEST spa experience I have ever had. 100% Worth it! (*Please note these prices are subject to change, these were from my cruise December 2017)
4. The more services you have, the better Discount you get: When we bundled different treatments, we saved a little bit of money for each additional treatment. It was not a lot, but it did help with the bottom line. (*Please note these prices are subject to change, these were from my cruise December 2017)
3. Book before you sail for a Discount: I don’t have a document on this one to share, but I do want to let you know that they were running a pre-sail offer that we took advantage of. It took about $50 off of the price of the package that we wanted to book. This offer will vary depending on how many spa bookings they are trying to fill, but it is definitely worth going to the spa before you sail to see if they have any special offers, as they are trying to fill their schedules for the duration of the cruise. Typically they will push spa times while you are in-ports, at sea days are their busiest days already.
2. They Will Try and Sell you Products: While you are receiving your treatment, they will use some WONDERFUL products on you. At the end of the treatment, they will try and sell you these products. I found this to be a little uncomfortable because I was not expecting it. If you do not want this “sales pitch”, you can write, no product sales on your registration form, and they will respect your request.
1. Enjoy it: This spa truly made me feel like a princess. Everyone that worked in the spa was wonderful. My massage therapist was so attentive to exactly what my problem areas were, my mother and I both had the same services, but after talking with her it was like we had completely different services because the massage therapists customized every aspect of the service to our specific needs. Our skin looked amazing, and we were so relaxed. It was almost like we floated to dinner after our 5-hour visit in the spa!
Please feel free to reach out to us, ask questions, share our posts, let us know what you think of our articles and “like” our blog on Facebook.
About the The Pixie Dust Life:
At The Pixie Dust Life we believe wholesome traditional Disney values. We want to offer a safe place to keep you informed of everything Disney for all ages. From Shopping news to Travel news, we have you covered. Our mission is to bring the Pixie Dust home to you, wherever you are!
Pictures courtesy of The Pixie Dust Life